Let me share with you yet another easy and fast to make recipe like by all Indians every where. No hassles, no too much of chopping and cutting, or washing vessels.
Its called just as the title, Dal Fry or some places its called Dal Tadka. Anways what I give importance is on Eating and not on the name 🙂
So here what you need for the recipe,
1 cup of toor dal
1 onion cut into long stripes.
1 green chilly chopped.
1 tomato finely chopped.
1 tsp mixture of mustard seeds, whole coriander seeds, cumin seeds fenugreek seeds. (whatever seeds you have at home)
1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
1 tsp chilli powder.
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp of cooking oil.
2 tbsp of fresh chopped coriander.
Salt as per taste.
So here’s how you go about it,
1. Wash the dal properly with two glasses of water twice. And then keep the dal to soak in three glasses of water for about 15 minutes.
2. Boil the dal in pressure cooker well, with same water, for maybe 3-4 whistles.
3. Beat or smash the dal with a spoon or beater, until it becomes a thick paste, but if you dont to this also no probs. Chill 🙂
4. Take a non stick pan, which is recommended for all first time cooks, pour the oil, and add all the seeds and fry properly and then add ginger garlic paste, and all the powders. Mix well.
5. Add the onion, chilly and tomato and fry well until onion turns golden brown.
6. Now add the dal paste along with all the water. Based on the quantity of dal you require add the water, but see to it doesnt become diluted. Boil it for about 7-9 minutes on a medium flame.
7. Simmer for about 5 minutes, and then garnish it with Coriander leaves.
Now serve it hot with, Rice, Roti or pulav.
Comment here after you try this out.