I know a lot of ordinary egg dishes to make, but I wanted to try something new, and different. So again as usual did some research of my own on google, mixed matched some recipe’s, did some manipulation of my own, and voila, a yummy egg curry was made. If you dont believe me, you can ask my room mates who are still licking their fingers.
Just for your notice, this dish will taste a little bit sweet, but then you have our own rights to manipulate it and make it spicy, or sour or as ur taste buds, make you do it.
So here’s how the preparation for the dish goes. You would need
Eggs, for as many people you going to make
Tomatoe Puree (If you dont have it, make it at home, instructions below)
Ginger Garlic Paste
Potatoes (2 nos)
Onion (2 medium one’s)
Sugar and Salt to taste
So everything set, now you prepare the unique tasty dish in the way I say, or the way you want it to be.
1. Boil the eggs in water with salt so that they dont break open. Same time, wash the potatoes, peel them and chop them into small pieces.
2. After they have been boiled, unshell them, cut them into half, take them in a bowl, sprinkle some turmeric and chilly powder and mix them slowly, so that the eggs dont loose its shape.
3.Now to make the gravy, take some oil in pan, non stick pan is the best, fry the cloves, onion till it becomes golden brown, add the tomato puree, and all the masala powders.
4. Mix well, until the pungent smell of the onion stops, add the potato slices, and add some water, for the potatoes to boil. Cook until the potatoes are boiled.
5.Same time, take a frying pan, heat some oil, and shallow fry the boiled eggs, which had been marinated with turmeric powder and chilly powder. Fry until the eggs gets the slight brown color.
6. As soon as the potatoes are cooked, add the eggs, salt and sugar as per your taste. Simmer for about 5 minutes, and your egg dish is ready to be served.
1. Slice the top part of the tomato, and give some small cuts on 4 sides of the tomato, not deep ones.
2. Boil water in a pan, as soon as it boils take it off from the gas or heater, and put in the tomatoes and keep it for 5 mins covering the vessel with a lid.
3. After 5 mins drain the hot water, and pour in some cold water and continue keeping it for another 5 mins.
4. Slowly peel the skin of the tomatoes from the cuts at the sides.
5. Take a pan, smash the tomatoes in it, add some sugar, and heat it, until it melts.
6. Tomato puree is ready.
The above dish is mainly can be used for rice or Indian breads. The gravy will come out a bit thick.
Happy Cooking. 🙂